• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mark Johnson's H9KPXG LV On-Off Switch / Soft Start PCB

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I'd like to gauge the interest level for Mark Johnson's terrific-looking H9KPXG low voltage on-off switch / soft start board (see PCB: low voltage On-Off switch drives AC mains relay \ includes soft start .. H9KPXG). Because of shipping and customs expenses, this offer is limited to members in North America.

Assuming the boards are no more than $3.00 (US) apiece, postage (without tracking or insurance) is $4.00, the cost of the mailer is $0.20, I figure delivered prices (including PayPal fees) in the US should be no more than the following:

1 PCB = $7.75
2 PCBs = $10.80
3 PCBs = $13.90
4 PCBs = $17.00
5 PCBs = $20.10

Actual prices may be lower as the number of PCBs ordered rises; prices to Canada and Mexico will be slightly higher due to increased postage. You get the idea.

No one is committed. I'm just assessing interest. My plan would be to order the boards in a week or two; shipping to purchasers would occur in less than a month.

Anybody want some?

Regards,
Scott

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Scott, I'm glad you're doing this! Best wishes for huge success.

BTW you really, really want to keep the weight below 14 ounces, so you can use First Class Package Service. More than 14 ounces, they switch you to Priority service which is faster and a lot more expensive.

Here is a stack of ten H9KPXG printed circuit boards (2 oz copper, gold "ENIG" pads) on a kitchen scale. They weigh 250 grams (8.82 ounces) for 10 boards, but I'm sure you'd wrap them in paper to prevent scratches during shipping, so include the wrapping weight too.

Mark

Attachments

• usps_fcm.png
    usps_fcm.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 591
  • weigh_scale.JPG
    weigh_scale.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 639
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Scott, I'm glad you're doing this! Best wishes for huge success.

BTW you really, really want to keep the weight below 14 ounces, so you can use First Class Package Service. More than 14 ounces, they switch you to Priority service which is faster and a lot more expensive.

Here is a stack of ten H9KPXG printed circuit boards (2 oz copper, gold "ENIG" pads) on a kitchen scale. They weigh 250 grams (8.82 ounces) for 10 boards, but I'm sure you'd wrap them in paper to prevent scratches during shipping, so include the wrapping weight too.

Mark

Mark:

Thanks for the support! I'm looking at getting lightweight padded bubble mailers and will probably just wrap the boards in cling wrap. Postage is the big variable, to be sure, but so long as people are willing to forego tracking and insurance, I can keep the cost low. If the demand is large enough, the cost of the boards themselves really drops (a savings which will be passed along to buyers). We shall see.

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Great choices Scott, I would have made the same ones.

. . . . . but maybe do ya want to have a little impish fun at no extra cost? Other Than Green costs nothing, looks cool, and only slows down the order by a couple of days . . . . .

(not a recommendation, just a daydream)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Great choices Scott, I would have made the same ones.

. . . . . but maybe do ya want to have a little impish fun at no extra cost? Other Than Green costs nothing, looks cool, and only slows down the order by a couple of days . . . . .

(not a recommendation, just a daydream)

Mark:

Yeah, I thought about it and then discovered that JLCPCB charges at least $38 more for most other colors. Blue or perhaps yellow would have been nice, but not at that price. Black is available at no additional charge but, interestingly, with black you cannot get 2 oz copper. So green it is.

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2017
Paid Member
at least $38 more for most other colors. Blue or perhaps yellow would have been nice...

It is a bit a shot in the dark, but...
I went through the ordering process twice (for the vrdn, in blue)—first time got expensive as you describe it, when I got back the price was as low as for the green boards. Blue they became... €6 a piece.

I did not verify the assumption that they lowered the price the next day, though.