Mark Audio Alpair 7 application

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What exactly do you mean by the Vb alignment? Vb as in box volume?

Correct. Vb describes enclosure volume. Or Vp, if you prefer (for pipe volume). Take your pick. Doesn't matter.

i say this only as i would think it wouldnt be difficult to obtain a certain Vb/Vas ratio with a constant CSA=Sd tube

I didn't say Sd had anything to do with the cross sectional area of the pipe, or its total volume (it doesn't). I only said vent area in the Pencils is set to the pistonic area of the driver. For the rest, I'd love to say you'd got it, but I'm afraid the above is nothing like how I design the Pencils (or an MLTL or ML conical horn for that matter). If you'll forgive me though, I would prefer not to give details; it's my own design routine. Hope you understand.

Scott

Last edited:
Hmm. It's probably a good compromise, falling between the two as it does, & I can certainly say it's a very nice driver indeed. I really like mine.

How big a box can you handle?

Box size is not so important. It should be floor standing up to 1.20 m not higher and not brighter than 18 cm.
Do you think of an other enclosure solution with different tuning for my preferences ? I would be glad to go without baffle step correction

Correct. Vb describes enclosure volume. Or Vp, if you prefer (for pipe volume). Take your pick. Doesn't matter.
Scott

Ok so you devised a Vas/Vb ratio, or Vp,lol....OR something along those lines......guess i could do that too if i had enough time to experiment- after all its the experimants that make the calcs in the first place

I didn't say Sd had anything to do with the cross sectional area of the pipe, or its total volume (it doesn't). I only said vent area in the Pencils is set to the pistonic area of the driver. Scott

ok i misread that...lol excuse the mistake:D

If you'll forgive me though, I would prefer not to give details; it's my own design routine. Hope you understand.
Scott

wouldnt dream of asking for details....silly me really for putting my ideas on here---they may be a good idea, and perhaps i shouldnt share them either:happy2:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.