Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

thanks ray

could run clock dac and decoder off one reg.

undecided at present.

"Gee, more boring DIY'ing. We have a tough life!"

Yeah, but someone has to do it:clown:

simon
don't try soldering after too many ails.

you can end up with an interesting circuit but unfortunately it may not work:xeye:

allan

ps simon, i hope Ray has shed light on your display.

SimontY said:
Morning,

There's a good connection between Q853 and RN06.

Simon

Hi guys!

Allan, glad to be of help. Hope your reg-job turns out fine.
Always a hard time when one has to decide these things :D.

Simon,

If there are no shorts/cracked traces around Q853 it would be my first suspect.
And don't forget to fix that 7918 while you are at it! :clown:

Ray.

I'm veroboarding a Xo with a tenlabs clock and planning to build it into my cd67se.

My question is if someone could draw me a picture of how much the benefit will be agaianst the default clock of the cd67se.

My plan is to first build in the new clock, feeding it from the default power supply and maybe later to look into feeding it from a dedicated power supply.

gy21 said:
I'm veroboarding a Xo with a tenlabs clock and planning to build it into my cd67se.

My question is if someone could draw me a picture of how much the benefit will be agaianst the default clock of the cd67se.

My plan is to first build in the new clock, feeding it from the default power supply and maybe later to look into feeding it from a dedicated power supply.

I have drawn you a picture of the benefits.......LMAO

Attachments

• clock happyness.gif
    clock happyness.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 363
gy21 said:

Here's a picture of mine Tent XO, sitting in modelling wax ;-) And it's even the one with the printed spelling error. LOL.

/avr300

Attachments

• img_5698 (small).jpg
    img_5698 (small).jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 469
Ray: More control, more "silent", darker background. Combined with the LT1361 OPAMP, it plays quite decent. But i'm still waiting for my AD8620. Still need more speed and "ongoing".

And yes, it is from the far east ;-) Could end up as a collectors item.

Gy21: Yes, it is the psu layout of Guido's. One more picture of the unit.

/avr300

Attachments

• img_5624 (small).jpg
    img_5624 (small).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 419
As you can se, I just placed mine i a bit of wax. Then I can still take the board out, without anything stucked to the cabinet sides, I guess you can't ;-) The wax has a nice damping as well.

Ane while we are at the topic, should the clock signal be terminated, by a resistor to ground, at DAC end? Right now, I'm just feeding the DAC at pin 28 and ground at nearest groundpoint (see picture http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=892692#post892692).

/avr300

avr300 said:
Ane while we are at the topic, should the clock signal be terminated, by a resistor to ground, at DAC end? Right now, I'm just feeding the DAC at pin 28 and ground at nearest groundpoint.

/avr300

Hi avr,

On such short runs it's not needed to terminate. The wavelength of the signal is far bigger than the wire. There's a bit more info here .

Ray.