Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

rowemeister said:
When it's back from having the high lift cam fitted and its run in and re-mapped yes, but would you want to be seen in such a poverty vehicle?

Brent

Is it for real? If you have knowledge about how to talk to ECU & remap you can help me! I think after CDP and EMS I'll get a bill soon ;)
A M3 your E30?

Yeah I know I'm off topic... I'm looking for CD53/67 on eBay, I think it can be nice to buy one, do the "best mods" as PSU caps, OPAMPS & caps, chips caps... and re-sell it... bu a lot of work and trouble for few money...

Matthieu

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Malefoda said:

I'm looking for CD53/67 on eBay, I think it can be nice to buy one, do the "best mods" as PSU caps, OPAMPS & caps, chips caps... and re-sell it... bu a lot of work and trouble for few money...

Matthieu

Hi Matthieu

I have been sinking to do the same... buy some CD53/67, revamp them and sell again.

It will be good for my practise and learning and also for some participants in this forum (I will need some BG´s, clocks, sregs etc.)

Do you believe it is a good business ?

Regards

Ricardo

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:

Not a stupid question at all. The regs etc soldered onto the pcb remain but to get the pcb out everything around the sides needs unscrewing and laying out on the bench, it's not as hard as it seems. It was built this way to make it sort of easy lol. Not much needs doing these days.

Hi Brent

I did not place the sregs on the servo yet because I need to figure a way to link them to the dedicated PSU, without soldering.

I want to be able to remove the Servo TX for future mods.

Can you suggest some type of connector that is good enough to be pluged and unpluged and support the psu voltage to feed the sergs ?

Regards

Ricardo

RCruz said:

Hi Brent

I did not place the sregs on the servo yet because I need to figure a way to link them to the dedicated PSU, without soldering.

I want to be able to remove the Servo TX for future mods.

Can you suggest some type of connector that is good enough to be pluged and unpluged and support the psu voltage to feed the sergs ?

Regards

Ricardo

I'm not a fan of connectors as they are adding contact resistance. If I have to remove parts then I just unsolder the wire going to the reg.

Brent

Malefoda said:
Slow?
My car also rate around 220hp and about the same torque, it is quite fast... or maybe you english folks are used to drive Seven with big enignes or Ultima or such rockets... I am sure that my over 200hp car is fast beside my Diesel Peugeot...

Ok it's over about cars ;)

The remark was entirely sarcastic. Most cars in the UK today are 1.2L 3 or 4 cylinder or 2.0 turbo diesel. Some are even 1.0L or just under for tax saving purposes :xeye:

We don't really have 4L+ cars here in the UK. They only exist in the USA where fuel is cheap and cars are inefficient and generally poor quality LOL.

Brent's car is very quick and very fun!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:
I used precision 0.1% tol resistors around my op amps. The detail was much better.
And all the caps are silver mica

Hi Brent

I also want to use silver micas after the opamps but I can not find some 1000p Silver Mica to place in C605 C606.

The ones I got are rated 500v and the wire diameter is too big so they do not fit in the original holes.

I have the same problem with C117 C118 in the servo... the wires of the silver micas do not fit into the holes of the original caps.

Can you suggest an alternative please ?

Ricardo