Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

poynton said:

I hope it did not start smoking.

It's a real problem getting the smoke back in again!

and it doesn't work properly until you do.

lol. Nope not this time. Tx just got so hot that you couldn't touch it, I switched it off before it sent distress smoke signals.

Cheers for the hint Brent. I'm out of standoffs so I used an L shaped metal bracket screwed to the front display board.

Lee.

If I rename another file to index.html the same error message is displayed. If I upload Index.html Dreamweaver says it skipped some files cos the old images couldn't be deleted, even if I remove all elements of the site before hand.

We're getting way o/t here

edit: If anyone can think of any caps they need, bg or otherwise or have any good ideas on what values, components etc to stock, please email me with suggestions.

Lee.

Thomo said:
If I rename another file to index.html the same error message is displayed. If I upload Index.html Dreamweaver says it skipped some files cos the old images couldn't be deleted, even if I remove all elements of the site before hand.

We're getting way o/t here

Suggest you start a new thread under "Everything Else"
Someone will know the answer.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: Vibration Isolation

riccardo said:
Hi Ricardo!
Great.
Now, if you want see the Nirvana,
take a look here :Vibration Isolation
Put the player on a wood platform, and hang up it with 5 mm (diam) silicon bands. The bands, thats are "springs" properly, will lengthen about 17/25 cm.
With Mauro's mod, and silicon bands, you could kill any analogic turntable on earth.
;)

Sorry but not convinced yet.

My modest turntable still sounds a lot better than the CD.

SimontY said:

I hope you're not comparing using typical modern CDs, but rather well-mastered ones where CD actually has a fair chance to shine.

Simon

Sorry to say Simon, but I doubt whether cd will ever sound better than lp. In my experience the lack of compression on lp makes it soo dynamic and it has a life to the sound that cd just can't do. Admittedly an uber player like yours or Brents may get close, but for me a good vinyl setup is king (except when I snap the stylus by dropping it).

Lee.

Thomo said:
Sorry to say Simon, but I doubt whether cd will ever sound better than lp.

I think CD already can and does sound better, but only on the finest CDs. I must add these conditions, sadly:

1) Only when the CD player is exceptionally sorted.

2) Only when the CD is not over-compressed, over-limited and badly EQ'd.

I've never heard an expensive turntable, but whenever I hear vinyl I notice a common elastic-bass and rolled-off treble colouration. I expect this is what people enjoy on less-than-perfect recordings as it seems to sweeten things up. The effect is reinforced by the positive trait of a strong, physical bass and fine timing.

Those latter qualities CAN be reproduced on CD IMO, and what's more we can have stereo bass and bass all the way down to 20hz on CD, which is a bonus sometimes.

Simon