Marantz cd6000 faulty

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
All the time the meter is showing 2.5volts between pins 9 and 12 means the sled should be trying to turn. Zero volts across the motor at all other times is correct.
You are measuring between pins 9 and 12 on the IC 7401... yes :) and those pins go to motor marked "sledge". So it should be turning. If it's not it's either jammed pretty solid or the motor is suspect.
Even an old AVO8 on ohms x1 range will actually turn the sled motor in situ (just about), that's how liitle current and voltage is needed on these things so 2.5 volts and it should be doing 100mph.

Providing the diagram is correct all your readings point to the motor etc, so carefully recheck and make sure. If you can confirm that there is voltage across that sled motor and there is no sign of it turning then it has to be either faulty or jammed. Make sure there is continuity from the IC to the motor... no broken wires etc.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Lol... I've never had a sled motor on the CDM12's fail. Give it a zap across a 9v battery ;) that might "loosen it up" It's an old trick with motors BUT MAKE SURE it's totally disconnected from the PCB (and the gears) first.

Well done... that's it for today then :)

I have a question here: cd 6000ose worked good for 2 years since mods done and the last couple days I become error 11 and error 7.

I swapped the drive and no change. When I press the 4-wire drive connector towards the board as if I wanted to plug it in again it works fine.

I guess that I have a bad soldering point or something but where should I look for it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.