Marantz CD11LE output right channel lower

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Marantz CD11LE (similar to CD10) has a problem with the right channel. Both SE/Balanced outputs give a lower output level (volume) in the right channel. All is fine when using the digital outputs in combination with my DAC.

Could this be due to a bad solder joint or do I need to look for a faulty component?

Your help is always much appreciated :)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Nice machine :)

It could be lots of things. First step is to quantify the error using a scope and test disc if possible. You can easily make your own test CD using Audacity and burn the tracks to CDR (not CD-RW) although you would have to check the suitability of the pickup for playing CDR's.

If you have no scope then a DVM on AC volts would give an idea of the error (again with a test disc).

First suspects could be something in the muting circuits, particularly if it uses transistors rather than relays.

Beyond that and it really is scope time and looking back down the analogue chain to the DAC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.