Marantz 1030 restoration

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody, I'm a newbie and I just bought a 1030 on ebay for 30 bucks... I would like to restore it and make it last for some other time... I was told a recap is almost necessary, and I downloaded the part list from Hi fi engine. Do I need to use the same values or is there something that can be improved by changing the capacitance of some of them?
I noticed the lamp is broken, and I tried to replace with an led and a 470 ohm resistor: however the light is extremely dim, do you have any suggestion?
Also, what steps should I follow in the restoring process before the recapping? I already cleaned the pots and the circuit board with DeOxit...

ok guys, I recapped the 1030... looks really nice now!... I have some questions: I looked into the service manual and apparently a lot of instrument are needed to test the performances (distortion analyzer, oscilloscope, wattmeter, 8 ohm dummy load, etc...) Unfortunately I only possess a (good) multimeter and a voltage regulator...
What tests should I do before inserting the plug into the wall?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.