Mar-Ken10pwTT Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks, all. Here they are playing CDs through the modified 1626 "Darling" amp I made. The speakers fill this small room very nicely with a full, well rounded sound. The bass response is plenty extended and detailed.

The seller I bought the drivers from claims they had about 10 hours of operating time on them, so they probably have another couple hundred hours of break-in.

Right now they're on cinder blocks, located at the golden ratio points. At some point I'll make stands. Do we have any prevailing wisdom on this?

My instinct is make stands from 18mm baltic birch ply, internally braced and filled with sand, with three adjustable feet (3" thumb screws) in each. I also thought I'd attach a mounting block to the bottom of the speakers that fits into the stand and then screws in from all sides.

Also, I'd like to Enable the drivers at some point. Does Planet 10 still do that? If not, I'll read through the Enable how-to thread and try it myself.

Attachments

• IMG_5685.jpg
    IMG_5685.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.