Mains transformer vibrations and circuits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ginetto, I'm turning 68 in a few months.. and I take care very much of my ears
I have a 24 hours 10.8KHZ Tinitus on both sides.. Why 10.8K? I measured it with my function Gen and a OSC, moved it up until it matched the sound I have with tinitus..Then I looked at the readout of the Scope.. and there we go...
Then I also just tested myself with exaclty that Function Gen, Sine Wave 1Watt output over the Amp.. distance to Speakers about 1 meter..
The best I tested without cheating myself is 12.65Khz.. then I loose the tone..
I would like to give you some experience from myself.. about Headphones.. I got some really good ones which are no more manufactured.. named "Jäcklin". these where the none plus ultra in the seventies.. the beat any other headphone by miles..
But exaclty these headphones are the reason that today I have this problem with tinitus.. because always listening on the loudest levels.. I know Tinitus has nothing to do with the Ears, but the ones who have it.,, they tell you something else.. I for one.. can sometime switch it off, and when I'm hearing good music then I sometimes hear only the music without that Tinitus..

Stay away from HEADPHONES.. because this is what kills your Ears.. Use good Loudspeakers and try to listen when it's really quiet.. Teach yourself to hear and feel the music.. No, the gone Frequencies will not come back, but you will learn to hear better that way and if you get a good Sound system like the most of NP Power Amps, then I'm sure you will hear more tha usual..

Machines do not hear the sound, they only measure Waves..

Machines can not tell you if a wave has swing and a life in it.. the ears they can.. I'm pretty sure this is what PRR meant..
And this is worth much more than any spec of any amp you can get.

Regards Chris

Last edited:
Ginetto, I'm turning 68 in a few months.. and I take care very much of my ears
I have a 24 hours 10.8KHZ Tinitus on both sides.. Why 10.8K? I measured it with my function Gen and a OSC, moved it up until it matched the sound I have with tinitus.. Then I looked at the readout of the Scope.. and there we go... Then I also just tested myself with exaclty that Function Gen, Sine Wave 1Watt output over the Amp.. distance to Speakers about 1 meter..
The best I tested without cheating myself is 12.65Khz.. then I loose the tone..

Hi ! thank you very much indeed for your very helpful advice. After reading your experience i listened to a sweep tone on youtube ... i think :eek: i can hear 12k maybe ? :(
At the point that i am rethinking about the need of a speaker going much higher than that :rolleyes: If i am not able to hear above that point ....

I would like to give you some experience from myself.. about Headphones.. I got some really good ones which are no more manufactured.. named "Jäcklin".

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

these where the none plus ultra in the seventies.. the beat any other headphone by miles..
But exaclty these headphones are the reason that today I have this problem with tinitus.. because always listening on the loudest levels.. I know Tinitus has nothing to do with the Ears, but the ones who have it.,, they tell you something else.. I for one.. can sometime switch it off, and when I'm hearing good music then I sometimes hear only the music without that Tinitus..
thanks again for the precious advice. I read somewhere that with very low distortion headphones there is a tendency to listen too high in level.
I have to sometimes ... late at night i cannot power up the system :(
The only thing that i miss with HPs is soundstage. But everything is a compromise in life ... so i am using them. Actually i am using them more to evaluate sources and preamps to be used with speakers.

Stay away from HEADPHONES.. because this is what kills your Ears.. Use good Loudspeakers and try to listen when it's really quiet..
thanks but this is difficult. Really quiet here means midnight ... and not during the summer with all people screaming in the streets.
I live in a flat and i am forced to HPs late in the evening. But i will keep your advice in mind seriously. I do not like when pleasure becomes pain.

Teach yourself to hear and feel the music.. No, the gone Frequencies will not come back, but you will learn to hear better that way and if you get a good Sound system like the most of NP Power Amps, then I'm sure you will hear more tha usual..
Machines do not hear the sound, they only measure Waves..
Machines can not tell you if a wave has swing and a life in it.. the ears they can.. I'm pretty sure this is what PRR meant..
And this is worth much more than any spec of any amp you can get.
Regards Chris
Still i am fascinated by instruments a lot ... they look space age ... love them. I fell in love with scopes at first sight at 13 when i visit a school in electronics. I am always been bad at math and this stopped me to study electronics
Thanks again and kind regards, gino :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.