New Issue Magnifying menu on smartphone

A new issue that has not yet been assigned a status
Old-new problem: when the two-finger gesture for magnifying the screen is applied, the menu items go off screen.
Desired behavior: the left edge of the menu should be anchored.
And perhaps clicking on the menu items should expand them, not only the down arrows on the right (that go offscreen when magnifying).

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Old-new problem: when the two-finger gesture for magnifying the screen is applied, the menu items go off screen.
Desired behavior: the left edge of the menu should be anchored.
Thanks for the bug report. This is unlikely to be fixed in the near term as it looks to me a consequence of the design choices made by the designers we hired that would be very difficult (expensive) to change.

And perhaps clicking on the menu items should expand them, not only the down arrows on the right (that go offscreen when magnifying).
On iOS (at least) clicking a word activates the menu, as well as the arrows. This wasn't always the case, but was fixed around 2 months ago. It was a serious bug-bear for me and I'm glad it did get fixed. What device are you using?

Is this perhaps why you were needing to zoom in the first place? To zoom in on the pesky arrows?

Android (Samsung Galaxy) here. I used to zoom in just to be it more visible.

I just checked, and clicking a menu item expands it indeed. Sorry fo the false report. However, it would be good to be able to move the magnified menu left-right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user