• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Magnavox/Philips FD2041 CD Player, $15, TDA1540P!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I picked up this old Philips (labeled Magnavox, but made in Belgium by Philips) because I was very curious to hear the 1540 DACs (yup, two, it is a single channel chip), and the old CDM 2/10 transport. I'm a big 1541 fan, so I wanted to see how much of the magic the first generation had. It sounds awfully nice! The unit looks great too (a couple of scratches on top), especially given it's age (made in 1986). It works perfectly, and I think it will last for years. As always, I'm clearing out stuff to make room for more stuff. So, $15 +shipping.

I'll get pics up if I have time, but it looks precisely as you'd expect.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

I think I've got a sale pending, but you know how these things go! So, I found a box and weighed it up. For those tempted to ask for a shipping quote, assume FedEx to the continental US will be about $15. It should be about 10lbs packed, and 18x17x9". Given that I'm nearly giving this one away, I'd also like the buyer to cover the paypal fees of about a buck and a quarter. So, if you are sure you want it, I'd be happy to provide an exact or PP request. But, no need to inquire about shipping if you aren't serious, it'll be a little over $30 total.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.