M-Audio Profire 610 Modifications?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys,
I have a Profire 610 in excellent condition.

I intend to change all capacitors and opamp.
* Including already closed a request for some parts, as OPA1612 and some Nichicon muse es.

Is it worth doing this upgrade, or replace it with a DIY, with one of these "Premium DAC" as AK4490 ...? They are actually higher?

Profire 610 is composed of 2x AK5386VT / AK4358VQ. I have some pictures not very good, but enough to look in general. I can post if you want, just ask.

Thanks for listening, and sorry for my bad English. :p

Sporadically make recordings , most of the time is just playback . But I quite liked the digital part of the interface , so my interest in improving the analog part.
The drivers work very well both on Mac as on Windows
What changes did you make? Found the negative feedback resistor in headphone amplifiers

I have one here and modding it in the future. Excellent sounding pro DA especially for today's used price for less than $100. OPAMP power supply is +-12V.

EDIT It doesn't support most current OSX.

I'm using the current version of El Capitan , and it has worked perfectly for me .
Were you able to identify the negative feedback resistor of headphones outputs?
What the transistor function of the output? I want to increase the gain of the headphones outputs.

Hello guys,
I have a Profire 610 in excellent condition.

I intend to change all capacitors and opamp.
* Including already closed a request for some parts, as OPA1612 and some Nichicon muse es.

Is it worth doing this upgrade, or replace it with a DIY, with one of these "Premium DAC" as AK4490 ...? They are actually higher?

Profire 610 is composed of 2x AK5386VT / AK4358VQ. I have some pictures not very good, but enough to look in general. I can post if you want, just ask.

Thanks for listening, and sorry for my bad English. :p

What is the basis for your assumption that changing caps and op-amp will really improve anything?

I advise you to think carefully about exactly how much improvement (if any) these changes will bring.

What is the basis for your assumption that changing caps and op-amp will really improve anything?

I advise you to think carefully about exactly how much improvement (if any) these changes will bring.

I too like the 1612. The clinical sound of it in my opinion is fantastic for purpose.
Capacitors , simply by putting new , made ​​an external source and disappeared light oscillations.
Bipolar in the signal, also slightly improves the thd .

Please correct me if I'm wrong. But it was what I learned from my experiences. Thanks for listening.

I'm using the current version of El Capitan , and it has worked perfectly for me .
Were you able to identify the negative feedback resistor of headphones outputs?
What the transistor function of the output? I want to increase the gain of the headphones outputs.

The driver doesn't support El Capitan. Please let me know what trick did you use. I tried once, but I couldn't install the driver.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question about transistor.

The driver doesn't support El Capitan. Please let me know what trick did you use. I tried once, but I couldn't install the driver.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question about transistor.

TnoPDZz.jpg

I did not use any trick, only with the v2.4.4 driver. works perfectly all the options in the panel. You tried a clean install of the El Capitan?

The top PCB can see the image, the bottom has only one resistor connected in +IN to GND.
I want to increase the gain of these headphones outputs, you know me explain the intent of this part marked in the image?

TnoPDZz.jpg

I did not use any trick, only with the v2.4.4 driver. works perfectly all the options in the panel. You tried a clean install of the El Capitan?

The top PCB can see the image, the bottom has only one resistor connected in +IN to GND.
I want to increase the gain of these headphones outputs, you know me explain the intent of this part marked in the image?

v2.4.4 driver into El Capitan (clean installed) had failed here... Let me try it again.

I have never checked the headphone out of 610, so I'm sorry but I can't answer your question, but if I were you, I would rather build OPA627 headphone amp, then connect it to the output of the filter opamp of 610 directly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.