• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LYNX Power Amp PCB Group Buy interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peranders,
No, that wasn't the point. I just figured if the price got to where I could get 6 boards for almost the same price as 4, I would buy them.

To be honest, I like to have PCB's and accompanying documentation to study and learn from. I rarely buy just one set of pcb's for any project I am interested in. I have almost always built at least one set of the PCB's that I buy, but I do hold onto the "extras" for a rainy day or something. ;) I rarely put each of the different projects into a chassis and totally finish them, unless it's something I really like. That part is just too expensive.
Building and listening to the different circuits is really fun to me and I am always learning something from each of them. I hope to feel confident enough to design something other people might enjoy someday, but until then it's kind of like electronics art to me. Someone created this from scratch and I was lucky enough to participate in it.
I admit it, I'm an electronics junkie! ;) haha
Although I DO actually build stuff in addition to the collecting. :)

Thanks,
Donovan

P.S. I am in the process of finishing Thomas's DAC v3, two of Pavel's PA-03s, and two channels of the KSA-100 MKII I got pcbs for a while ago. I just need to find heatsink tunnels or something for the Krell clone as I believe I want to put this one into a chassis.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I think Jan has studied very many good amps...and with the care and time he has spent on this amp, I am certain its a good solid design...and I use these power transistors in another amp, and I can only say its VERY tough, and good sounding...the best I have heard yet :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.