Luxman receiver disassembly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an older Luxman receiver, an R-341. I recently got it working and was about to put the cover back on when I noticed that the front panel lights were quite dim. The on/off switch is also a bit hit and miss, so I figured I'd remove the front panel and have a look. I've studied the service manual and removed all the screws and clips, but the volume knob still holds the panel in place. The manual says to remove a "CH 16 connector" and remove the knob. The other knobs, balance, etc., pull right off, but not the volume knob.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Any help will be much appreciated. (I hope it doesn't turn out that I'm as dim as the panel lights on the receiver.)

Aha - I looked again and saw a small circular opening behind the volume knob. I jabbed it with an Allen wrench, thinking that a hex opening may lurk within. That wasn't the case, but I did hear a snap, and when i again tried to pull the knob off, it relented. The off-center push must have freed up 30 years of being stuck in place. Thank you again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.