• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Luxman 3045 tube mono-blocks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have achance to pick up a pair of Lux 3045 monoblock amps. Cosmetically they seem to be ok. However someone in the past tried to convert them to use el-34s connected in triode. The original out-put tube was designed specifically for this amplifier as well as the the out-put transformers by Tim Deparavicini of Esoteric audio Research. The info I'm looking for is 1. Is it still possible to find the output tubes (triodes) for this amp...and 2.I need to find a schematic for this circuit whether, I bring the amp back to stock(if posible), or I'm forced to find a substitute tube. Without a schematic I'm sunk. Is there any help out there? Thanks fastfreddd

Have a scheme for a 3045 with the factory mod for KT88 triode. It has all the stock info on it, the only addition is the two 100 ohm screen Rs and the voltage adjustments shown. It's the best copy I could make of the copy I have. I have the whole KT88 modifiaction 'manual' from Lux. I did a handful of amps in the early and mid 80s. I was a tech at a dealer then. Give me a email with a big box and I'll send a larger PDF of it. DIYaudio's limits the file size (rightfullyso!)

Attachments

• 3045 copy.gif
    3045 copy.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,445
Mr:

Have a scheme for a 3045 with the factory mod for KT88 triode.

Please Send me a Copy of The Schematic Circuit for The LUXMAn MB 3045 And What Original Tubes was Previously used on This Model , As I am Planning to buy 2 MONO Blocks of The MB 3045 and Take out The Power OUTPUT Transformers and Install it on The Music Angel XDSe Amp to Use KT 88 Tubes any Help will help.
Kind Regards
Francis Jansz
e.mail: fsj@iprimus.com.au:snowman:

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined 2011
I need to find a schematic for this circuit whether, I bring the amp back to stock(if posible), or I'm forced to find a substitute tube.

The output tubes are long unavailable, as are the 6240G driver tubes. If the amps are very cheap, I'd still buy them IF the driver tubes work.
Some sub the 6FQ7/6CG7 for the drivers.

Check the pcbs for burned resistors, which are common, especially the 10 Ohm output bias current sensing resistors.

The Luxman 3045 works very well with KT88's I have converted two.
Main problem with the 3045 is the very poor quality PCB's.
I had PCB's made as the original where full of shorts.
The Output transformer is very complicated best with the original circuit, very similar to a McIntosh. The Russian 6N6p should be a good replacement for the 6240G.
Breaking up the 3045 would be crazy one of the best amps ever made!!
Phil

My dear friend Tim, with whom I "grew up" in South Africa has copied 90% of the McIntosh MC275.

The output tubes are extinct.

Using KT88 or other similar tubes the amplifier needs different bias points and drive signal.

Stephen Mantz

Zed Audio Los Angeles

Hello Scottnixon.
I would like a copy of the KT 88 circuit for the LUXMAN MB-3045 as well.
I am trying to fix one of these, have the pair as reference. The power transformer has blown out and took all the diodes for the power supply with him.
I cannot find the original ones online. The power transformer has been rewound and installed, now I'm stuck with finding appropriate diodes that work. Any other parts I should pay attention to?
Thanks in advance.

Phantombox

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.