LS LAB measurements problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't seen a soundcard yet that wasn't full duplex, even the cheap horrible ones.

You might try to change the setting of the 'Wave Engine Choice' in LspLab.

Measurement - Settings - Hardware - Advanced - Wave Engine Choice and change it from whatever the current setting to the other choice, and try it again.

Also if you download speakerworkshop from www.audua.com there is a wizard to check the sound card capabilities.

Good luck,
Dave

bzdang said:
I haven't seen a soundcard yet that wasn't full duplex, even the cheap horrible ones.

You might try to change the setting of the 'Wave Engine Choice' in LspLab.

Measurement - Settings - Hardware - Advanced - Wave Engine Choice and change it from whatever the current setting to the other choice, and try it again.

Also if you download speakerworkshop from www.audua.com there is a wizard to check the sound card capabilities.

Good luck,
Dave

The one in my compaq laptop is not duplex.

In laptops sometimes I found that the built-in soundcard is very noisy due to interferences of digital signals of the motherboard. In some cases there is a decent stereo line out but only a mono and low quality mic input. An external soundcard is recommended for audio measurements!

Other possible soundcards choices are these:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

or:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

USB, full-duplex, no driver required, work on Win, Mac and Linux. Based on the Burr-Brown PCM2906 and OPA2353 buffers.

More info here: Purebits.com

I checked lately
the software...
LS Lab 2.19 and 3 demo ver.
what i found>
first
i upgrade the RealTek drivers to last version 3.72
and something different mix console came out,
splitted output and recording sections.
with mixer console on the screen i was able to monitor what happening...
second
i consult the audua software about the card
get the full duplex in and out...
of course with a proper cableing described more clear then in LS lab...
third
LS Lab 3 demo turning the input line totaly down without checking mute button
even when in prefferences checked not to mute line in at the start...
And do not allow to calibrate the impedance circuit at all.
LS Lab 2.19 does not...
but after instaling the new drivers, before was the same...
before every shot I have to set the levels and that was exosting
but the only solution to control the software which is not remembering the last state
of input and output levels...
I catch some measurements with a someting preety simillar to phase
but impedance was not good at all
expetially in lower part of bandwidth.
calibration was successuful this time.
So I made some amplifier with LM4950 (sound is pretty good by the way...) to lower the output impedance
at the DUT, and recalibrate unfortunatly with same results...
forth
with audua i did not get results which are similar to one should look like...
conclusion
Lap top or my lap top (Amilo D1845) have the duplex line
(audua reported this and I could not measure the phase and imp. curves simmilarelly
to the usual ones...)
So the software is not good or at least not bear in mind lap top users
maybe the programmers can easely bring Loudspeakers to desk top machines or what?
All in all the existing sound card is not from satisfactory quality
I think that is couldnt be compensate...
I am looking for some new external card
funny, all of them I found at the net are only for WINdows
Does some body knows some software for MAC system,
doing the same like LS Lab or Audua?
thanks a lot for the pictures

Hi Zoran, try out the software from www.audiotester.de, it is shareware that you can evaluate with all functions.
I have enjoyed using it without frustration, and a friend has been using it with success on his laptop, so it might work for you even with internal sound card, and then you can upgrade to one of the many usb audio devices for pc and mac, mainly designed for computer home recording studios. Here is one example...
http://www.artproaudio.com/default.asp?p1=3&p2=0&p_id=28&id=41
Regards,
Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.