Lp recording quality

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all,

I will realy apriciate if someone could explain to me the recording process of nowadays LP's. In meaning if its fully analog process or they are using some compression duuring recording process. Are they are using digital equipement and so...
In general is it worth to buy LP's ?

No avoid all vinyl LP's like the plague especially, any mint 60's British rock pressings with names like Parlaphone, Decca, Vertigo, Trax. Send them to me and I will properly dispose of them.

Whether they are digital or not depends on the era of the recording and the model of the cutting lathe. Some of the later ones used digital processing to facilitate the spacing of the grooves during the cutting process. You really have to know what kind of lathe they are using. A few specialty labels make it a point to state that they are using a all analog lathe. Most of the stuff nowadays is probably digital, but that not always a bad thing if they cut from a Hi-Res digital file that hasn't been down sampled to CD red book format, or otherwise compressed for the CD release.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.