Lower priced PCB prototypes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can someone recommend a pcb manufacture service that has lower prices for delivering say two boards prototypes?

The ones I have asked have asked for around $100, same price for 5 boards.

Size I'm asking is 150mm x 100mm, double sided.

Should I try the "home transfer solution" for the prototypes? The quality I results I have seen from them are quite poor, even for prototypes.

There are several different prototypes I will be trying, at least 4, and the most I can do is putting two in one board. But I don't think that will make price lower.

Which are the most affordable places to try?

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
The setup cost is a large part of the cost, that will be why there isn't a discount for two boards.

It's a shame you need 150. Itead do 100 X 100 for $19.90 US for 10 boards!

You can get five boards 150 X 100 for $48 which is about half what you have mentioned, but I think shipping is on top of that.

I got some boards from them about 6 years ago and was happy with them.

2 Layer Thickness Prototype PCB Larger than 10cm x 10cm

Tony.

Definitely JLCPCB, I've found them to be cheaper than everyone else when I use the estimator tools on other sites compared to theirs. All the PCBs I've had made have been through them so far, I have nothing but good things to say abut them and the parts quality.

Definitely JLCPCB, I've found them to be cheaper than everyone else when I use the estimator tools on other sites compared to theirs. All the PCBs I've had made have been through them so far, I have nothing but good things to say abut them and the parts quality.

I used PCBWAY and JLCPCB.
I then noticed JLCPCB's postage costs were a little less.
Sometimes this was pushing the overall price below what I had to pay VAT on and so gave a much better deal.
So now I just use JLCPCB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.