• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

loudspeakers India

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Indian cabinets

Check this site out .
http://www.rethm.com
Seems to have great looking speakers. It shows they do make quality cabinets there in India. Impressive.
But they sure have some great looking finishes.
The prices are !!!

Some of the peerless drivers are made in India.
I would like to know if any quality drivers are out there.
Nobody seems to have the specs. That is the only way to judge a driver.
I know there are a lot of speaker manufacturers are out there. Even so called trusted names like Bolton or Philips do not give out parameters . It is very diffucult for DIY speaker builders in India to design a proper enclosure.

Am i wrong ? Are their any speakers that give out the T.S parameters. Someone please say yes.

Thanks
Dean

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Indian drivers.

I haven't yet heard a great Indian made driver.It's possible that there are great OEM drivers being exported but not available in the local market.
If you hear of any, let us know , and we'll follow it up.
Indian Peerless is nothing like the original Peerless. If they do make better ones , they don't sell them locally.
They have one of the worst public relations attitude I have seen in any company. I once visited the factory after making an appointment and was asked to wait for a long time. Then I was informed that the chief was too busy meeting with foreign buyers. Then why give me an appointment and waste my time and money going to their office .
Bolton is not consistent. They change cone materials like modern fasion.
Philips is geared for the MASS market. You don't expect their drivers to come up to any significant standard. But for the price point they are good value.
The new company from Mumbai -- Iwai I think - has good potential. They are listening to the users. I had a long talk with their marketing man. Great attitude . Hope they come up with great products. I haven't checked their current line , but will do so as soon as possible.
There are numerous others also. We don't get to hear samples from them or from actual users of their products. Most seem geared for PA use . Those that I have heard were awfull. Users with great sounding local products should post their experience on the forum. I saw some great looking drivers in Delhi , but have no idea how they sound. A shop demo would be of no use because of the equipment they would use for the demo.
Cheers.

Indian Drivers

Yes, i agree with you totally . I am not to happy about the attitude of the Indian peerless company when you visited them.
I guess they think that the local people do not know a good driver if they see one.
i do hope that the other companied you talk about are good.
There is a good market for the drivers their i think.
25,000 rupees is a lot of money and i am surprised that people buy for that price. Things would have been much cheaper if they were made locally , but then i guess if the local ones do turn out to be a quality product they would rather export it.
Thanks
Dean

IWAI speakers

Hi,
I happened to have a catalogue of the IWAI speakers. The drivers look good on paper !!! But am yet to hear them. The catalogue gives the T/S specs of all the drivers with response curves but am not sure how accurate they are !!!
Will be good to hear some first hand accounts ...
cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.