Looking Subwoofer Driver to purchase in USA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, next month i will be in USA for 1 week and want to purchase a few drivers/components part for xover and some other stuff.

I want to know wich SubWoofer driver recommend me to purchase in USA! i want something to use for my home theater. maybe 1x12" o 2x10" will be OK.

Thanks in advance.

How exactly are you traveling? Be aware that sub-woofer drivers of the sizes you're considering aren't light, and that there may be some issues with transporting larger magnetic products by air as checked baggage or carry-on.

As for specific recommendations, there are too many to count. Another popular source is Parts Express, and their house brand Dayton has several very well respected models of sub drivers.

https://www.parts-express.com/cat/subwoofer-drivers/14

sam - probably best to check with the specific airline involved as to possible restrictions . Ive never personally run into the issue when transporting very small fullrange systems in checked baggage, but larger sub-woofer drivers would have many times the magnetic field of a 3" wide band driver.

As to the question of recommending driver(s) - it's always a good idea to have some information as to the intended application - size of room, type of program material, anticipated SPLs, crossover frequency, etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.