Looking for speakers for HIFIBerry Amp+

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Not a whole lot of real specs for the amp… up to 25 w. That will be with the maximum power supply voltage, and for both channels driven and added together, likely into 4 ohms, with no distortion figure for the cutoff.

So likely, this an estimate based on above, i'd call this 4-6 W into 8 ohms.

Are the speakers going to be used near-field?

I'm a big fan of full-range (ie single driver) loudspeakers. Lots of designs for small bookshelves.

dave

Hi ramrod60. Glad you could both make it out to the Ottawa meet yesterday.
I was talking to you about some of Dave's (planet10) designs. Check out the Fostex F85wk plan here:
Frugal-phile | Box Library / Fostex
Enhanced drivers available from Dave, or stock from Solen in Montreal:
FF85WK - Solen Electronique - World leading producer of high-end crossover components
Some discussion and pics here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/planet-10-hifi/223637-ff85wk-ufonken-vs-bass-reflex.html
Have fun!

Thanks bearberry.....already started the research based on the tips (BTW thanks for above links) you gave me....yes, the F85WKs look interesting and probably more suitable for the little Pi and my level of knowledge. Thanks for the opportunity to demo those speakers (Dave's design?) we tried at the meeting.....sounded great!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.