Looking for Soundstream Ref 644s Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nothing at the moment. Just picked it up off craiglist for $50. and wanted to find some schematics in case it dies. I replaced the RCA jacks that were broken, tore it apart and scraped all the dried up heatsink compound out of it, replaced a broken LED, re applied compound and cleaned it all up and and it runs great. MUCH more efficient then the alpine I have. with 2 channels running i got 81 watts at the onset of visable clipping with 30amps of current draw from the power supply. the alpine only did 51 wattsx2 channels for 30amps!

I need to find one of the screws for the remote turn on terminal or make one.

I also have a dead SA80 and USA100 amps that I need schematics to get running again. I fixed the power supply for the SA80 but there are 2 resistors i need to correct values for. they connect from the line that goes from the SG3524 chip to the mosfets and ground to drain the gate charge.

Yup alpine MRP-F200 which is rated at a ** 75x4 max and then in later years rated at 40x4 rms. I got 51 watts with 2 channels running (don't have 4 load banks on the bench) at visible clipping with 30amps of current draw.

There used to be a guy on eBay selling soundstream parts. I see he doesn't have anything listed lately. I found a screw that fits that I will cut off and make a set screw with.

75ohms eh? I started with 10 ohms but it would run. the original resistor was burnt up but it what i thought was a brown band still visible. I swapped them to 100ohms and the amp runs now but the IC gets warm. might be a normal warm but i wasn't sure.

Thanks for the 411

JandR still answers his emails, but does not openly sell on that auction site. Sterwart Electronics is open for business here near Sacramento. he is taking in repairs of the old gear and doing class A mods as well. He designed most of this gear. PM me if you need contact info, I will need your contact info to give you theirs....:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.