• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Looking for Pioneer amp module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Few days back while listening to vinyl my vintage pioneer amp (SA-6750) went dead. The problem was sorted out to be shorted IC Sanken SP-40W. Few members in the forum are also looking for same IC.

From the net I found out...
~ Sanken SP-40W and S-40W are same.
~ Pioneer SX-650, Pioneer SA-7300, Pioneer SA-6750 and Rotel RA-414 amps uses same IC.
~ One Gentleman on Ebay USA has 6 ICS, but unfortunately is not shipping to India.

My friend says he can modify and make this amp work again, but I would like to keep this amp in original condition for the old times' sake. So can you guys help me source this IC ? Is there any equivalent ? or where I can find it ?
Thanks a lot :)
Hiten

Thanks s3tup.
Yes they are pricey. infact almost half the price I paid for my amp. Also insured shipping will add to the cost. Probably would be last option.

Meanwhile have received few quotes from inquiry I placed in...
http://www.hkinventory.com/public/Home.asp
Have received few quotes for the IC from 5/6$ to 30$ but dont know if they are reliable because some have quoted price for "Sanken SP-40W" as "Sanyo SP-40W" :confused: Any members who have any experience buying from this site.
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.