• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Looking for circuit tips for 2 matched pairs of 6C33C-B (6S33S-V)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, my original intention was to build Tim Mellow's OTL amp, however the crowd is split regarding OTL operation, some say it's good or can be good, others say nooo way, again others say 6S33S tubes are not that reliable in general, so at the moment I'm thinking about some kind of classic triode design.

But if you say Tim's OTL is great and reliable for years, then I might reconsider it. So many opinions out there...

i built one several years ago, it is really a good sounding amp...unfortunately one tube redplated and the other had a grid to cathode shorts...
that was before i used them without cooking for 72 hours before being commissioned...

i am building a single ended of the cathode follower configuration, with CCS at the cathodes...using the same number of tubes and driven by an EL84 cathode follower and 12ax7 voltage amp in an SRPP mode...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.