Looking for battery charger and supply IC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for an IC that has integrated battery charging and maintenance and regulated power supply to power circuitry from main power or that battery.

Like some kind of UPS, that switches to battery when main power failes, and charges batters if neceserry. I don't have any idea of what to ask google.

BR,
Peter

I've been looking for a similar device, for a couple of products being developed by my employer, since last summer. I don't think such a general-purpose device exists.

If your system requires sophisticated power management you are probably stuck with separate devices for each of these functions:

• Battery charging. If your system must operate while the battery is being charged, that's an additional complication. (And a way to fool the charger into misbehaving.)
  • Battery/external switchover. And isolate the power sources so they don't fight against, or damage, each other.
  • Generate and regulate the voltages required by the system.
  • A microcontroller to monitor and control the many possible combinations of operating modes.
Dale

You don't have to over-complicate. Use an L200 IC, data sheet here:

L200

It will drop charge a 12V battery, and you can power your circuit directly from the battery. If you want to separate the mains during operation from battery, you can use a power-on switch that enables charging in off position, and disconnects the mains in on position.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.