• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Looking for a tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I read about an amplifier in an audio magazine yesterday. Music Fidelity A1. It came around 20 years ago or so and it "shocked all the budget audiophiles". And it had 2x20w and class A i think.
Would that be something good to get? When i google it i only find some Music Fidelity A1 for about 1200$

But reading this: http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...sors-amps/716-review-musical-fidelity-a1.html the price should be MUCH lower...

Edit: It seems like i found the new version with USB inputs and such. That one is supposed to cost just under 2000$.

Last edited:
Earlier I posted about an amp I would like to sell. It would fit all your needs, although we would need to checkbon shipping. Look at the earlier post. More details are available buried int the "swap meet" thread. PM me if you have any interest. I will pull it out and make sure it is working well and that the bias is adjusted right, if you like.

Last edited:
Well...
I bought an amplifier like 1½ year ago that was just trouble and i was very worried about it. I had paid 300$ for the **** and it wasn't working at all for me. My mom did not like it at all and she wouldn't allow me to buy a used amplifier again. I managed to sell it though for almost the price i paid because it was only in my room it didn't work. My dad had it for half a year working splendid.

And your amp, 400$ + shipping to sweden and i can't even be sure if it works. I think i'll have to say no. My parents would never allow me to buy something that expensive from a random person in america.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.