Looking for a softstart kit...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been searching and reading but I'm still not sure....

A couple of years ago I built 7 Leach Superamps and usually left them powered on all the time.
Now I don't listen as much so I would like to be able to turn them on and off as required,however I feel that it's very hard on the amps.

So I would like to install a softstart in each monoblock.
What I am looking for is a kit of some type for 110vac and somthing that has a variable delay.

Is there any kits out there that are proven and reccomended by the DIYAudio community.

Thanks.

Thanks guys that looks interesting although there seems to be some concern about larger transformers and mine are all in the 1kva range and are 60-0-60 volt taps

Also some of the others that I have been looking at use a transformer in the front end...

Any advantages to this design???

I have used 3 Lede Audio (www.ledeaudio.com) softstart kits and they have been serving in my 1 x 300W and 2 x 200W Mosfet amps in the past couple of years without a single problem. It is solidly engineered. It uses a 12-15V winding from the same power transformer without any problem therefore a separate transformer is not necessary. The price is cheap and the owner David is very reliable.

Regards,
Bill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.