looking for a single channel class D amp module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a source of a single channel amp.
I have a Velodyne F1500 sub with a blown up main circuit board. I called Velodyne and there are no more replacement parts for it. They offered to look at it and see if it can be repaired. The estimate over the phone was in the $225.00 range.
I think I can do better by getting something like UCD180 or similar and mounting it on the existing plate - utilizing the existing transformer, fuses, switch, input jacks etc.
What would be a good choice for about 200W-300W mono output?

TIA

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
The UCD180 absolute max supply voltage is 50V, so I wouldn't use it with your transformer. Plus, it would only put out around 100W into an 8ohm load. You'd be better off with a UCD400 or other comparable module. Although that would put you in the same price range as having the current amp repaired.

Yes, most of the Velodynes are servo.
There is a multipin connector going in the box from the amp. If I can't find a real replacement for the amp I will just power the woofer with a generic amp and use EQ to get it to acceptable performance.
I looked into d-class first because of the small space I have inside the amp compartment.

Well, the UCD180ST with the matching 160VA transformer and standard grade power supply are about $180 to $200. A 41hz AMP5 tripath would be buildable for less than $225 as well.

I've been very pleased with my UCD's and have been using them with your Frequency Allocator Lite.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.