looking for 6.5inch woofers suitable for a 30 - 35Hz horn... and a small horn too :P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: DOH! again!!!!

REDSKIN said:
Like I said if I could actually work a speaker sim I would be dangerous. I'm looking at my Hornresponse curve and it's flat as a pancake and thinking what 40hz peak?????????......................... then as I stare at the screen Doh! I realise that it helps if I entered the cms correctly(00 instead of-04).

So after a bit of tweaking try.
s1-160
s2-394.4
s3-464
s4-696
s5-1400
then the 4 CON boxes

REDSKIN said:
And almost forgot VRC-21 LRC-16 VTC-2000 ATC-600

umm... thankyou for your help.... but...... what exactly were you trying to achieve??? also.. thought I might point out, that changing the LRC, VTC and ATC have no effect on the frequency reponse... :p

and.. this horn, going from 160 - 1400cm^2 and 185cm long (with a 21l VRC) gives a very similar reponse and SPL output as the previous horn you mentioned at 240 - 800cm^2 and 180cm long (with a 25l VRC) the only difference in the smaller horn give a flat response upto 100Hz, which the bigger horn give a peaky response... both go down to 40Hz pretty well, except the smaller horn goes slightly lower.. :p man... quit while you're only a little bit behind... lol

Attachments

• 40hz.png
    40hz.png
    29 KB · Views: 153
Re: Re: DOH! again!!!!

SkinnyBoy said:

umm... thankyou for your help.... but...... what exactly were you trying to achieve??? also.. thought I might point out, that changing the LRC, VTC and ATC have no effect on the frequency reponse... :p

I was trying to achieve a cure for insomnia, why else would I be awake at 2.00am fiddling about with Hornresponse for some person the other side of the world.:D

Just thought I'd point out that changing the vtc can have big changes on frequency response. Give it a go you might be suprised.

The first horn I proposed is redundent, as I entered the wrong cms value. :rolleyes:

I think I'll take your advise and quit while I'm "even". Please feel free to ask for any other info that I may be able to impart but will be of no use.:D

Re: Re: Re: DOH! again!!!!

REDSKIN said:

I was trying to achieve a cure for insomnia, why else would I be awake at 2.00am fiddling about with Hornresponse for some person the other side of the world.:D

Just thought I'd point out that changing the vtc can have big changes on frequency response. Give it a go you might be suprised.

The first horn I proposed is redundent, as I entered the wrong cms value. :rolleyes:

I think I'll take your advise and quit while I'm "even". Please feel free to ask for any other info that I may be able to impart but will be of no use.:D

maybe going to bed might be the key here :p

ok... so making the VTC bigger does make a difference :p

your first horn with the correct cms and everything else is the blue line on the graph above :p

go to bed :p lol

1)
using 2 little woofers instead of 1 larger one is annoying

2)
using 2 little woofers instead of 1 larger one causes confusion in hornresp wrt excursion,power . As it doesnt state in the readme if its /woofer or total

3)
Why not use one larger woofer. 2x8" = 1x10" in area.

4)
is that last response /2.83v and 4ohm load?

5)
make Vtc=1.5L or so,the volume of air that will be trapped between the baffle board and the cone.

6)
Dont rely on unknown cabin gain ,especially when horns arent quite so suited to the car environment.

7)
start with the hypex tool to get a foundation,then trim and reduce to what you must,to fit it.

8)
double click units in hornresp to get calculation tools for CMS RMS BL etc

9)
Fold it like mine,or the labhorn.;)

mikee12345 said:
1)
using 2 little woofers instead of 1 larger one is annoying

2)
using 2 little woofers instead of 1 larger one causes confusion in hornresp wrt excursion,power . As it doesnt state in the readme if its /woofer or total

3)
Why not use one larger woofer. 2x8" = 1x10" in area.

4)
is that last response /2.83v and 4ohm load?

5)
make Vtc=1.5L or so,the volume of air that will be trapped between the baffle board and the cone.

6)
Dont rely on unknown cabin gain ,especially when horns arent quite so suited to the car environment.

7)
start with the hypex tool to get a foundation,then trim and reduce to what you must,to fit it.

8)
double click units in hornresp to get calculation tools for CMS RMS BL etc

9)
Fold it like mine,or the labhorn.;)

1. I don't mind how annoying it is...

2. well then... if it is stating both woofers added together, then I'm in for a surprise :p

3. because then it worn't be two 6.5inch woofers :p lol

4. :rolleyes: maybe... lol

5. right.. ok ... lol

6. I'm not even considering cabin gain yet :p

7, 8, 9 yeah ok :) lol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.