• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Lookin for an ST-70-like project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Luckily, I live 5 minutes away from the border, so I can have things shipped to the other side and import it myself. The stronger looney is also making things more reasonably priced for Canadians buying from Americans.

But I'd still rather build it from scratch. More fun.

..Todd

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
If I were looking for a reasonably priced amp, I would look at one of the EL84 PP amps on the forum. The one I personally admire most is Red Light District.
Doug

I've been considering this. And since my amp shop / office is currently a renovation workshop, I will have to satisfy my amp building curiosity with simulating it. But since I also don't know how to simulate a tube amp, I decided to play with the very inspirational name in my graphics program.

It passed the test. I may build one. SY, this seems like a reasonable T-Shirt design. You could sell CafePress shirts for tube cash. :)

..Todd

Attachments

• Yoshiwara2.png
    Yoshiwara2.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.