LME49810 from connex burnout..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As others have said, if you connected that ACSENSE pin to 230v, you have most likely smoked everything. You were extremely lucky it didn't start a fire, and that you weren't killed.

Using a bulb tester will not smoke parts, in fact it will do the opposite - if the bulb comes on brightly, you know immediately that there is a fault and also the bulb is dropping most of the voltage, protecting the circuit.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I fear that this is just going to get more dangerous as time, posts and threads go by.

I don't believe anyone wanting to have useful high power PA equipment should go about it this way - no, it's actually several
similar ways so far - with no clue, costing far more due to failures than buying available equipment, yet still ignoring advice.

This can only end in tears, either now or when installed. If you really think you can build a reliable PA amp. of 1-2 kW without
experience or sufficient electronics and electrical safety education and plenty of cash, then you delude yourself.
This would have to be about the toughest field in audio design and even professionals would think twice about new designs,
given the extreme demands on safe, dependable operation under widely varying conditions.

Wow...

surely it would be cheaper to buy a finished amp at this rate?

absolutely it would have been much cheaper if one doesnt enter into diy coz the time which is being spent if somebody might have used it would have made much more money that one would buy a passlabs or krell amps.. But diy is to make better quality that one would enjoy doing it. Baby can never walk without falling in the same way diy you end up burning couple of things which makes you think broad. If edison didnt fail for those many times we might not have seen the world the way we live in.

I fear that this is just going to get more dangerous as time, posts and threads go by.

I don't believe anyone wanting to have useful high power PA equipment should go about it this way - no, it's actually several
similar ways so far - with no clue, costing far more due to failures than buying available equipment, yet still ignoring advice.

This can only end in tears, either now or when installed. If you really think you can build a reliable PA amp. of 1-2 kW without
experience or sufficient electronics and electrical safety education and plenty of cash, then you delude yourself.
This would have to be about the toughest field in audio design and even professionals would think twice about new designs,
given the extreme demands on safe, dependable operation under widely varying conditions.

I built 8 amplifiers till now my own designs but none of them failed and I got a module things started to burnout bad luck.

I use to put alot of headroom in all my amps but this one didnt look that rock solid. when handling multi hundred watts one should be very cautious but I believe in few things calculations, decent headroom and practical problems will make any thing successful.

I learnt few things during these amps burnout that i now knew when building kw amps what precautions to be considered atleast...

your own design? you dont seem to be able to read basic simplified schematics, understand basic operation or terms, so I wonder how you could design anything. you ignore advice given and forge ahead burning things as you go, then you start to blame the things you buy instead of yourself, which is pretty clearly where the problem lies.

the forum is littered with the carcasses

truly if you are now going to move onto building more powerful amps, having failed completely to make a plug in product work, i'm not sure anyone should reply to you

mistakes do happen.... you dont have to conclude things like this... I am not blaming on any module seller but the second module worked perfectly for 5 mins and was enjoying some music and suddenly the decoupling caps got burnt everything was done according to the schematic. Things happen sometimes you dont have to give statements like this. I did my Engg in electronics and communications I do clearly know to read the schematics.... the schematic didnt had the voltage ratings to be connected... it was for a secondary winding but if i might have given the same to the driver trafo things might have gone wrong either.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.