LM3875 outputing DC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i think the problem has to do with grounding. i'm pretty sure i have wired the power supply right as i get -+18v at the caps and have the 0v wire hooked to the ground of the caps which goes to the amp. is that how it's meant to be wired or do i bring it ground of the 240?? bit confused by all this floating and grounded voltage stuff.

dark_avenger said:
i think the problem has to do with grounding. i'm pretty sure i have wired the power supply right as i get -+18v at the caps and have the 0v wire hooked to the ground of the caps which goes to the amp. is that how it's meant to be wired or do i bring it ground of the 240?? bit confused by all this floating and grounded voltage stuff.

What voltage have you got between V+ and V-?
Are your Caps connected with negative to 0V on V+ Cap and positive to 0V on V- Cap?

i dont think it is grounding, because we tried it with a +-18v supply, so from GND (or centre tap, or 0v of the caps) to the positive rail we got a solid 18v and the same with the minus rail except obviousely -18v
so that manes ther should be a potential of 36v between the + and - rail, and there was, so if its the grounding, them im lost

thanx heaps, haydn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.