Little help!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ppl!

In this image, that piece of metal full of holes has a name, right?
There are some things I don't know the name.
So, my question is:
Any1 has a template of this, as I can do one?

And... the name is??? :(

Thanks,

Pedro Martins

Attachments

• fr.jpg
    fr.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 140
Pedro,

Pete is correct, I've only ever seen them called circle jigs. If you have a jig saw, band saw or even a hack saw, a drill and a source of plastic, you should be able to easily fabricate it on your own. Here's what you want to do.

First, take a look at the bottom of your router (and yes, you are correct on the name of that) you should be able to take the bottom plate off with a couple of screws. Take it off, and then set it on the piece of plastic. Mark the holes for the screws and the center hole where the bits go. To make it look nicer, you can also trace the outside of the plate so that it will be flush with the base of the router, but its not necessary.

Next figure out which side you want the long end with the holes to stick out from and mark it. Cut out the rest of the markings. (The screw holes and the center hole)

Now comes the tricky part, you now have to drill the hole for the <B>radius</b> of the circle you want. When doing this, you have to take into account the size of the straight cutting bit you're using! Measure from the opposite side of the bit from where you'll drill the hole to the radius you want. (Basically, you're accounting for the thickness of the router bit) Drill the hole. Now to use it, drill a hole in the piece you want to cut, put a dowel in the hole in the wood and place the jig over the dowel and cut away!

If this isn't clear, and you have the 30euros, you might be better off ordering one. I could point you to a half a dozen sites in the U.S. that carry this, but I don't know if they export. (Let me know if you want the sites, they're all woodworking sites) The 30 euro price isn't bad, especially if that included a bit! (Of course, you'll have to make sure it will fit your router before ordering)

Let me know if you need some more help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.