Listening Test Of A Different Kind.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...This is a simulation of that circuit and with a phase difference of just 10 degrees between the L and R input signals at 30Hz. The only component that alters to get the different levels of correction is the capacitor in the integrator.

Ah, I see now. Jeez I just realized, I should try switching my 2 subs from a mono feed back to L & R stereo and listen to this stuff again maybe, eh? They're crossed over @ 70 Hz, about 10 ft. apart. Hmm...

-- Jim

...Pavel, interesting piece - your recording? - but I found that a stop(?) at about 2/3 through had a somewhat awkward tone to it, to me it didn't gell properly - is that just me, or is it something about the instrument, etc?

One or two pipes in a mixture or mutation rank has gone out in the weeds a bit - should get sorted next time the tuner comes round. :)

Thanks for the clip, Pavel. A smooth, well-balanced recording like this is not easy to achieve with organs, that's for sure.

-- Jim

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Jim, I think that depends. Some people, maybe most, don't localize bass very well so mono subs work just fine for them. Others (like me) seem to have better bass localization and thus mono bass sounds wrong to them.

What works for some, does not for others.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Finally got a chance to listen to these - on headphones only, alas.
On the headphones the 1st level works well for me. The enhanced bass and the crosstalk sound more natural than the original recording. That's no surprise on headphones.
Beyond that it gets too muddy for me.

Thanks for the test - I need to hear it on speakers!

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
That sounds about right Pano. Using my ancient but still good Sony MDR-V7 cans and I can easily get massive LF distortion from level three on tracks such as these. Its not loud but sounds a bit like the diaphragm hitting its stops... if that's even possible with headphone drivers.

Definitely one to try on speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.