• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Linlai 300B-N

Attaching a meshy image. Got it for about two bucks at a store that no longer exists. Might have to get a match.
IMG_0789.jpg

Music Systems:
Amplifier Model; single ended, push pull, etc.
Loudspeakers
Cartridge, turntable, CD player, Streaming music
Room
Choice of Music
Their Ears (Your Ears)

Everybody has systems that are different.

If you are happy with your 300B tubes, why ask about other manufacturer's 300B tubes, unless you need a replacement pair in cases of aging or failure of the tubes. Or, you just want to try something different. I use JJ 300B tubes from eurotubes.com
Enjoy listening to what you have for now.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Can we please not call a perforated metal plate tube a mesh tube? Sorry for the rant but a mesh plate has a mesh of wires woven into a plate structure.
Incorrect! You posted a picture of an unknown tube with a “woven wire mesh plate” in the OP’s thread about Linai 300-N. OP was correct in calling it a mesh plate. Google “mesh plate” and see what you get.

Last edited:
I googled and saw a plate that seemed to be perforated metal. I could be wrong about that and good on them if it is a plate with woven wires and not a metal plate with holes stamped out.
The picture I posted was a Philco branded 27 tube that I picked up for nearly nothing. Only have a solid plate match for it.

Reactions: 1 user
Music Systems:
Amplifier Model; single ended, push pull, etc.
Loudspeakers
Cartridge, turntable, CD player, Streaming music
Room
Choice of Music
Their Ears (Your Ears)

Everybody has systems that are different.

If you are happy with your 300B tubes, why ask about other manufacturer's 300B tubes, unless you need a replacement pair in cases of aging or failure of the tubes. Or, you just want to try something different. I use JJ 300B tubes from eurotubes.com
Enjoy listening to what you have for now.
Your right am looking for replacement spares. These tubes retail for about Usd 230 per pair. Having bad experiences from GL KT77s on my Primaluna amps,
it makes make kind of sceptical to spend big bucks on tubes.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Joined 2021
Paid Member
You don't have to resort to Chinese perforated plate tubes since you can buy real high quality mesh plate 300Bs from Emission Labs. I have been using the EML 2A3 for several years and find them to be great sounding and reliable.

You don’t have to, if you’re willing to spend more than $1000 per piece.

But I think $400 is a great price for a matched pair.

sumotan,

Can you post a schematic of your 300B amplifier?
If possible, voltages, output transformer primary impedance, etc.

Many good 300B tubes will outlive some perforated 300B tubes.
And many of them sound very good (I used perforated plates, but mostly used regular plates)

Over the years, I have changed my amplifiers.
Starting with single ended 300B, 2A3, and 45.
Push pull 300B and 2A3.
Then single ended KT66, 6L6GC, and 807.

Now push pull 7591S, 6L6GC, 5881, KT66, EL34, KT77, and 6CK4 all low to medium power.

Hi 6A3sUmmer
So sorry no schema. Bought it immediately when I first heard it. It's a vintage 1980s or so amp builded by a famous guru in Indonesia. What's interesting is not only its a mono mono build on 1 chassis but driver uses 2a3 via IT to 300B. Sounds very very good & have balls as well. Me will try to reverse engineer & learn the schema when I have the time. Though filament is DC it has hum on high sensitivity speakers. So plans is to rebuild with Coleman regs etc.
All that I can say is it kills my Primaluna Dialogue 7 in terms of realism.

Attachments

• 7F6F5731-B35E-4DAB-B1F3-4F234F000FDB.jpeg
    7F6F5731-B35E-4DAB-B1F3-4F234F000FDB.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: 1 user
Sumotan

I have two pairs of Linlai 300B-N.
They have perforated plates, not mesh.
I'm going to use it on a new amp that's under construction.
I tested these tubes and they sound better than my TJ globe solid plates and my EH silver.
But I can't tell you how long it lasts.
These Linlai have an excellent sound, I like it a lot.
And its construction with supported filaments is very good.

Aldovan