Linkwitz W Baffle End Correction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In re-reading Linkwitz I find that he discusses pipe end correction but does not use the correction in his calculations for W woofer Peak Frequency calculations. As a result his peak frequency predictions are way high. So, my first question is, should the end corrections be used to get closer to the actual Peak Freq when starting a design? It would make initial set up of a DSP way easier. If so, any suggestions for getting it closer to reality? Any thoughts? Any measurements?

Secondly, I found that he does not discuss time alignment between two opposed drivers in a W baffle. It seems that if the drivers are opposed to minimize 2nd harmonic distortion, their voice coils are in no way time aligned. There should be less distortion and a better crossover to the midrange if the drivers are time aligned to each other. Any thoughts? Any suggestions? Any measurements?

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.