Linkwitz transorm & XO in win10?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Aside from Jriver media-centre, can anyone recommend a windows10 compatible application that will allow easy (and good) implementation of stereo 3-way crossover and linkwitz transform? Preferably without needing the ability to code or programme..

Thanks
Kev

There are various plugins for XO and EQ. They can run in any compatible host.

Audiomulch is a good one for VST plugins, but it also has it's own dsp component called SouthPole which can do XO filters. Another XO VST plugin from RS MET. Foobar has it's own Xo and EQ plugins. I have done crossovers on both.

JRiver is great for crossovers, but not so easy to setup. If you already have JRiver, you can probably run RS-MET crossover VST plugin in JRiver for easier GUI.

Just another one to add to the list; voicemeeter Pro (Banana) has some EQ capability which (when combined with stereo repeat) can be used as a crossover. Its not as flexible wrt filter choices as some others, but its also possible to use a dip in volume and low shelf filter to make something like a linkwitz transform.

I'm an idiot; I was already using the basic version for mixing purposes and didn't appreciate the difference in the banana version. I think some of the alternatives are better specifically for filters, but if the sound quality is up to par (which needs to be tested still) then the convenience of having it built into the software I'm already using would be worth having! It doesn't seem to trigger the win10 start menu bug thing either.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.