Linkwitz Transform & Rumble Filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally got a pair of Avalanche 18's in separate sealed boxes (well...will by the end of the week anyways...) 4.6 ft^3 each, some stuffing in them. From WinISD I see that I gain quite a lot on the low end if I add an LT, but I have no idea how to make one as my electronics skills aren't what they should be. I have no problem soldering, but I have yet to see a 'simple' guide to making one of these. Also, and more important to me (at this time), I need to make a rumble filter as these 18's love to hit DEEP. I really have no problem building a kit for either, especially since it would be easier and probably less time consuming on my part.

Also, I'm curious if these are placed in line with the signal cable to the amp, or between the amp and subs? (Behringer EP-2500) Because in that case I'd have to build two of each, which would of course cost twice as much. In any case thanks for the help beforehand guys, as any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.