Lining a Pensil?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to build a pair of A7.3 Pensils. My only speaker experience is a O/S kit build. My first impression of the Pensil was that the box should simply be stuffed with poly fill. Some threads in this forum describe a 1/2" lining the panels immediately behind the driver. Is such a lining recommended for a Pensil?

Little to clarify really; I designed them for a uniform stuffing density, no lagging. It doesn't do any harm & some prefer to lag the section around the driver for convenience as it can be difficult to keep stuffing from getting into the basket (and as a broad rule, you don't want high stuffing densities in immediate proximity with a driver). Whatever works for you really; that's the point about the pensils, they're designed to be adjusted to the user's requirements via altering the damping to 'taste'. Very old fashioned sort of design approach, but I'm something of a dinosaur. ;)

Last edited:
You called? ;)

Attachments

• brontosaurus.jpg
    brontosaurus.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 104
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.