Light Bulb Current Limiter FOR 230V MAIN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It has to be a standard old fashioned filament type bulb, not an energy saver, and of a voltage that is similar to your home supply.

Wattage is typically 60w or 100w depending. For a low current project or testing a power supply off load then an even smaller wattage may be more appropriate.

It has to be a standard old fashioned filament type bulb, not an energy saver, and of a voltage that is similar to your home supply.

Wattage is typically 60w or 100w depending. For a low current project or testing a power supply off load then an even smaller wattage may be more appropriate.
I also need it for a project of my on the BLACKSTAR 60W electric guitar
tube amp
Until now I have done the mod
in is power supply without protection
And that's pretty scary.
a Current limiter
from 300-watt bulb It is enough ?

Attachments

• IMG_0838.jpg
    IMG_0838.jpg
    945.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    953 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    945.2 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
start with a lower wattage as Mooly suggested and once you know things are ok, as in nothing abnormally heating and that it passes low level signal you can increase the wattage(raise the current limit) it's a series circuit so the wattage of the lamp represents the current limit to the device under test.

what mod did you do?
and for what purpose?
looks like you changed a bunch of diodes and transistors.from what i can see in the picture it looks like the original output transistors have been replaced with metal tab types (hope you have the right insulating hardware in place)

Last edited:
what mod did you do?
and for what purpose?
looks like you changed a bunch of diodes and transistors.from what i can see in the picture it looks like the original output transistors have been replaced with metal tab types (hope you have the right insulating hardware in place)

This is old project of my
I thinking go back and work on it again
It works well
At the time I did not make a lot of changes
the diodes change to to-220 hexfred diodes.

I raised
The BIOS voltage
And some more changes it was a long time ago

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.