Lepai LP-2020A+ Vs. Lepai LP-168HA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all :)

I've been on the hunt for a budget PC speakers for a while now an came across the Lepai LP-2020A+ which has had some great reviews and some DIY mods available!

I was about to buy one when I stumbled upon the Lepai LP-168HA, that had the option of attaching a sub to it which was very attractive to me ;) So I tried to do some research but came up with little :(

So my question to you wonderful people is how does the LP-168HA stack up to the LP-2020A+? And is the sub out any good?

I know they're not the best quality amps going around right now, but as they're only for listening to music while I study, it doesn't bother me :)

Thanks guys :D

Lepai LP-168HA
Lepai 2.1 2x40W Amplifier + 1x68W Sub Output 310-308

Lepai LP-2020A+
Lepai LP-2020A+ Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Amp w/Power Supp 310-300

LP-168HA is not class D, but the LP-2020A is. LP-2020 is good to 10+ watts per channel to a 4 ohm load, while the LP-168HA will top out around 5 to an 8-ohm load, 3 or less to a 4-ohm load. It seems that most Lepai stuff is not very good, but the LP-2020A+ is a fluke, and is a very good amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.