leftover drivers= potential project?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings, i come from the far off shores of the subwoofer forum with a question about OB fullrangers.

I have a air of 3" drivers from an altec lansng pc speaker system, and i also have a pair of 3" drivers from the "surround" speakers on an old RCA mini system.

I was thinking that maybe i could try a teeny tiny OB with them, just to experiment and see if i notice a gain over the tiny plastic cabinets they were in before.

I have somewhat "pre made OB cabinets"(made them a long time ago, but they werent intended for OB but will work a charm) that are wide enough for a full 1650hz wavelength. (they are 20cm wide)

Anway back to drivers, as you can see i have two differing sets, should i use both of them? meaning one altec speaker per side, and one rca? maybe the two rcas on one, and the two altecs on the other?

Unfortunately i do not have the specs for these woofers.
I just want a small project, if im completely out of my mind trying this tell me!

as an afterthought, i have a small 5" tangband sub, that i could use to maybe fill in the low end if the speakers are successfull enough.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
xstephanx said:
Greetings, i come from the far off shores of the subwoofer forum with a question about OB fullrangers.

Stephan, you're allowed to swim in any part of the ocean.

"pre made OB cabinets"(made them a long time ago [/B]

What do you mean a long time ago. You weren't made very long ago ;)

as an afterthought, i have a small 5" tangband sub, that i could use to maybe fill in the low end if the speakers are successfull enough. [/B]

I think that little woof will go well if the others sound like they're worth it. It's not very efficient but it does give surprising bass for such a small driver.

You're like me, if there are parts left over, then the job's not done yet. Keep up the spirit kiddo. :smash:

Cal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.