LEAP XT25 & W4-030SF response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been considering using the Tang-Band W4-930Sf as a midrange driver crossover to a Vifa XT25SC90-04 Ring Radiator tweeter. I had Madisound do the LEAP measurement and figure out a crossover for me. response looks pretty good. Easily manageable.

I plan to crossover to the TB around 200hz and the Crossover point between the TB and the Vifa is 4Khz so the TB has a nice wide range and the x-over is out of the vocal spectrum. there is a bit of a bump at 750hz to be tamed and once the HP at 200hz is there, the low end bump should go away.

What do you think?

Attachments

• LEAP.jpg
    LEAP.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 83
am assuming that is canned curves. Madisound offers a service where you tell them what drivers you want to use. they input the data into LEAP and then figure out what the best crossover point and crossover design is and then send you the data with a crossover design etc. I doubt they put drivers in boxes and test. But they may have tested each driver individually and come up with there own canned data?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.