LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switching

Hi Neb, I finished my build yesterday and tried to power it up today. I have the 1602 display and it showed just squares plus some strange letters or numbers. After a while letters stopped and there were just white squares.
I switched off the thing and reswitched it. Nothing at all.

Tried to flash the arduino, since I thought there might be something wrong. Followed your proposal but was not successful. Program found Arduino but couldn't connect to it. The system tried to connect for 10 times, then stopped. Strange. So I think I killed it with anything. Any idea?

I ordered a few of them for a new try.

Cheers,

Ernst

All arduino's in the kit have preloaded firmware for graphic OLED. You need to flash firmware for character oled, that has "C" in the filename, or use graphic OLED with loaded firmware.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Neb, in the windows command line I started as in your document descibed. Had to install libusb0.dll. Then there was a connection established and I was on the right path, but then I got the info, the flashing couldn't be done. The procedure was tried 10x by the software automatically, but always stopped due to a reason, I forgot. This is a bit of a vague description - unfortunately I don't remember more exactly. I it helps, I could try it again. I somehow think, there is something wrong with the nano.

Before that I had some issues with the PSU.

Cheers, Ernst

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Tried again

Neb, here is the result. Same as yesterday. A guess?

Ernst

Attachments

• ArduinoNano.jpg
    ArduinoNano.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 365