LCD Projector Newbie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just discovered that you can build your own projectors, and am EXTREMELY interested.I have read a few articles and understand the basics. Could someone please post up a list of the items needed to build one.
I would really like to build one using this design, could someone tell me ALL the things i need and also include the dimensions of things such as the LCD and also what resolution is recommended.

Thanks,
Jeroth;)

I see you want to do the box lcd projector

That should be a pretty good panel for tv/movies. But, unfortunately it doesn't have the S (Y/C) "dvd" type connection. So, you won't be able to fully utilize that nice 900 horizontal resolution.
That's the only downside I can see.

Not sure if the enclosure he made is the best you can do. Maybe a better way that you can read about in the main thread and utilize to make the picture brighter. It looks like that Delta lens he is using is a tad too small also. The roundness of the picture he projected is a sign of that. But, it could be the cartoon he projected as well, I'm not sure. Hard to judge those picture's he posted.

Can you get a 6" Delta lens? That way you wouldn't be cutting your picture away just in-case. Or, maybe finding a 4" panel would be another route, with the dvd connection too.
Why not send him an email asking him about the picture?

it seems a few people in the small projector thread have been talking about using these exact ones. i dont think anyone has actually tried them yet though. keep in mind, you cant just take and LCD and make it work, you will need a controller for it to work. (unless they have one?)

maybe someone HAS tried one. but, keep in mind, for LCD panels like this, you need a controller if they do not already have one. and controllers aren't cheap.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.