LCD Panel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster. I'll be building my own DIY projector in the coming months and I'm researching the parts I'll be using. Found this LCD panel via Ebay. Says it has "440 TV lines of resolution" but only 20,000 "dots" I'll just ignore that second spec for now, but has anyone ever inquired about this product?

Also for a screen, has anyone tried using corrogated plastic? It comes in bright white, comes in 8' x 4' sheets, and is pretty damn cheap. I don't the know the name of the product, but they make signs out of it.

As an aside, I would just like to thank the regular members of this forum. You've all given so much information on how you've done your projects, and that has given me a lot of pointers, avoidances and you've saved me a lot of time.

Many thanks.

Thing is though...

The best affordable 5" LCD module that I can find is 320 x 240. If this thing really is 583 x 440 (as I calculated in another post, though I can not confirm if that "440 lines of TV resolution" is, in fact, the vertical resolution) it would be much more preferable. I could also use it with a Delta Lens assembly easily. I won't have to worry about the entire image making it through the lens.

If I'm projecting a 6 x 4.5 image using both panels. The pixels projected by the 320 x 240 panel would be .225 inches wide (72/320) across, while the projected pixels from the 583 x 440 panel would be .12 inches wide. Almost half the width, which would be a definite improvement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.