Lateral Audio mosfets are dead now Renesas and Semelab both discontinue any alternate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Profusion comitted to Exicon

I spoke with both the head of sales and the MD of Profusion in the UK recently (June 2018) and they told me they were comitted to the Exicon line of Lateral FETs.

I built my first amp with them last week - having previously used the Hitachi/Renesas type.

My wife was the first to notice how much better they sound than the Hitachi/Renasas!

I also like the fact that the Exicon FETs are available as a double-die varient so you can have two parallel pairs with two chips - no need for four chips with current sharing resistors et al.

However, stocks have been a little sporadic this year; there was a dry spell of a couple of months where the N varient was showing as unavailable - hence my calls to Profusion. They seem to sell a lot more N than P - and can't think for the life of me why that is - maybe someone here knows :)

Best, NICK

Any alternate Lateral Mosfets? Please recommend. I tried HoltonAmp with IRF240 but sound very average not involving. Agreed it depends on much on the front end but just to know the possibility of the other Lateral mosfets.

I have designed lateral and vertical mosfet amps and cant tell the difference.
Lots of negative feedback are used in both so why would they sound different ?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.