• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

KT88 SE schematic wanted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I just got 2 chokes 10H 300mA 50 Ohm and 2 mail trafoes
330VAC 300mA ( ~ 400 VDC with solid state rectifiers ) + 70VAC 25mA (bias) + 6,3V 5A. ( under 80 USD brand new ) :D

I think this is OK for a SE KT88 mono amplifier, but I need a schematic. Can You help me with that.

Regards

Benny

Mikael Abdellah said:
Since I've got new IP for my server a couple of times, the links I've posted to my schematics doesn't work anymore. Here is the new URL: http://81.224.66.34/se_kt88.gif

Should work for you. I think you should be able to use it for starters and modify it for your needs.

I can vouch for Mikael's design! I built it as a pair of monoblock power amps rather than integrated and it sounds great. It is simple to build and it appears you have the parts. Mine are biased at 75mA with a B+ of ~400V. (I used tube rectification but with your trafos I think you'll have to go SS to get the 400V.)

The only issue I've had was some oscillation on a particular piece of music. I think I've cured that by following the advice of analog_sa and decoupling the PS ahead of the input tube.

There's really no need for 25W. The actual power running through the resistor is closer to 5, but when i tried with 15W it got awfully hot so I put in a 25W instead. It's a regular wirewound kind since low inductive metal film types aren't available at those power ratings. I could send you a pair of 470R/25W if you want. Just let me know. We enthusiasts and diy:ers gotta stick together ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.