Krell KSA 100mkII Clone

Have we reached a worse case scenario?

Troy

We need to determine how many people are still waiting for their boards and diodes? At this stage it seems like the odd person as very few people have responded to my previous post where I asked that people who are still waiting must let the group know.

If there are significant boards outstanding - I am prepared to explore the possibility of having a local run made in South Africa. I have seen the boards made by the DX forum and they look pretty decent.

I am somewhat concerned re the tone of the last postings- as it seems to be suggesting that Mark is intentionally avoiding contact with the group ?

Ideally speaking we need somebody to do a "on-site" visit to Mark and see for themselves what is going on?

Regards

Jozua

OK people drop the pitchforks for the time being, Mark has e-mailed me saying that he's swamped with work and having problems with logging into diyAudio, but that he'll send out the stuff to Bob as soon as he arrives home on the 20th. So, let's have patience for another 12 days and see if it plays out.

Pierre

I sorry but I have heard this more than once before. ..Hopefully this one is solid.

OK people drop the pitchforks for the time being, Mark has e-mailed me saying that he's swamped with work and having problems with logging into diyAudio, but that he'll send out the stuff to Bob as soon as he arrives home on the 20th. So, let's have patience for another 12 days and see if it plays out.

Replacement PCB's

Just for the record- if all fails, I have been contacted by people within this thread who are prepared to assist with having replacement boards made.

Hopefully we will soon be able to get this project back on track

Regards

Jozua

Well we should know within a few days if the boards have indeed been UPS'ed to Bob today.

Having new boards made is quite easy fortunately, just email the gerber files to the new board house - it was created in the standard RS-274X format with loose tolerances. I can make SMALL alterations to the layout if there is sufficient demand.

Troy

It is sad that this group has to start growling at Mark to force him to start responding.

I am concerned about the fact that Mark is not directly communicating with this group. I am certain that an apology from his side will easily pave the way for him to be welcomed back within the group.

However if Mark fails to deliver on the latest undertaking, we need to take strong action.

Regards

Jozua

Geez... I had to re-regester just to get on here... rediclous! My normal password no longer works. I think this is the third time I've had to do this here....

Aside from that here's the deal.... Today I shipped the remainder of all boards AND diodes to Bob Groger. They went by UPS Ground so he should get them by the end of the week. I sincerely appreciate Bobs offer and you guys need to communicate directly with him from now on. I am too wrapped up in the switch over to D-Cinema in this area and will be for some years down the road. For those of you that understand or know whats happenning in the film industry it is a major thing.

I shipped....

The remainder of the KSA-50 boards. These are a gift to Bob for dealing with the rest of shipping. If anyone needs KSA-50 boards please order them from Bob. There are still close to 50 of them.

The remainder of te KSA-100 boards. Mostly gold plated variety, just a few silkscreened boards left. Close to 40 total.

The remainder of the diodes... I counted 101 of them. If there are extras then Bob also gets to keep those.

I had but 15 min. to pull this off this morning so the count above may not be perfect but it is very close.

Package went via UPS ground today.

Thanks,
Mark

I have collected all the parts to make this amp which include two 1000VA , two 160VA transformers, two large tunnel heatsinks and a chassis that I made from aluminium (notice the correct spelling of that word) the size of a micro wave oven. The only thing missing is the mandatory crane.
How much did the original amps weigh?
I am seriously considering building mono blocks or putting the power supplies in a seperate case. What are you guys considering?

Amazing

First of all, this is my first "real" post here, so plz be gentle :)
Its so very funny for me to see this topic, i build my first 100mk2 clone almost 20 years ago, and yes, its still in use and still under my roof. It runs from 55 V rails with 2sa1302 and 2sc3281 in the output stage. When i look at it now its a mess, but when it was new i was pretty proud :) For those interrested, heres a pic:

http://www.twsnet.dk/krell/stereo.jpg

After another 10 years or so an improved version saw daylight, based on "original" components. It was build like mono versions running 65 volt rails, and guess what, its still here too :)

http://www.twsnet.dk/krell/stereo.jpg

Heres a closeup of the pcb's :

http://www.twsnet.dk/krell/monopcb.jpg

Theres been a number of these build in various compositions, a few is still here but not in use. Heres one that was used in some active 3-way speaker version years back. It ran 45 volt rails and components were cut down to a minimum.

http://www.twsnet.dk/krell/3way.jpg

After readin this thread i feel like doing yet another one of these beasts, alltho i partially gave up DIYing 8 years ago.
I have still quite a few semiconductors laying around for these, so if anyone gets really desperate looking for them let me know. I might be able to help out.